Monday, December 2, 2013

The Best Christmas Gift Next to, well, Jesus

It's going to be a lovely holiday indeed.
We have a tree up.
The kids are excited and have gift wish lists a million miles long just like I did as a kid...
Christmas music lists on Spotify and Pandora stations are up and running.

But for me this year has a small little secret highlight. Well, maybe it's not so secret anymore.

There are a few people I'm thinking about as the holidays approach and we all evaluate the *important* things in life. This year, those 'things' are people that have inspired me to be a better person.

The thing is, they will probably never know it. Either I am not going to contact them - cause that just feels stupid. "Hi. Um, it's me. Yeah, I just wanted to tell you that, uh, you made a difference in my life in ways you will never know..."  (because I can never communicate verbally the way I can when I'm writing my thoughts down.)

And even that last statement is questionable. But I *get* me, and that's what counts.

Some of the people who make me want to be a better person I barely know. Others I know really well, and that is just as awkward as the barely known people. Nothing like putting an uncomfortable strain on a relationship just before Christmas and gift-giving. haha. No really. I've already had the imaginary conversation in my head and it doesn't go well. No matter how many times I re-write it.

So this letter~ to my mystery life-changing anonymous friends out there~ who have bettered me as a person,

to you I say THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

You have given me a gift of boldness, the gift of being ME, the gift of music, love, happiness, a closer relationship to God, a better prayer life, a new way of seeing LIFE. I owe so much to you, I can only pray God repays you - because there is no way I can!

Merry Christmas my friends, Merry Christmas! And thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment