Saturday, January 21, 2012

Juuuuuust.... take my advice on this one

Okay. So I had slightly greasy hair yesterday.

Okay, okay. It was an oil slick. I needed to wash it before our date night out. (I was told I smelled good, by the way, so my hair was dirty, but I wasn't stinkin up the place!)

I didn't have time to wash it in the afternoon as the day slipped away from me. As less than half an hour stood between me and my date time, I decided to just throw in some 'dry shampoo'. 

Except I don't own any dry shampoo, so I figured flour would work.

White, all purpose, kitchen flour. (it's all purpose for a reason, right folks??)

So I throw about, I don't know... a teaspoon amount into my hair. I have a ton TON of hair. It is thick and coarse, and I just kept tossing the flour up there until the locks fell pretty, and non-greasy like. Seemed to work. And, I have (again) recently lightened my hair so you really couldn't see the flour in the brassy blond I have. I should be good.to.go.

This morning I took a shower.

This is where the story takes a negative turn.

Have you ever mixed flour and (hot) water? Even cold water and flour - it makes a paste. A full on head paste was happening on my scalp. Sooooo not cool.

It took me about three good hefty shampooings and a good load of conditioner to un-flour my head. I don't care what they say about do it yourself home remedies. I, personally, do not recommend this route for you. And if you do decide to do this, by all means, use discretion. Don't toss enough to make a cake up there. Just a small smidgen of a pinch. Yes, that is my recommendation if you must do this.

PS: the flour head did work. I think I pulled off "cute" and not "nasty head" for the date. My date seemed to like the way I looked, so I think not all was lost here. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Number one kudos on being one the few moms who cares about her children to stay home and teach them yourself instead of letting the world teach them. Number two i think you might avoid a few problems with cosmetics if you remember the verse "Beauty is vain and charm is decietful but a woman who fears the lord will be praised." but admittedly (being one who greatly dislikes makeup for the reason of it being a fake beauty) thought that your failed endeavors were very funny. I do however have great joy in hearing of one more woman who will not jeapordize her childrens spiritual health by allowing the schools or even the churches false doctorines infiltrate their childrens mind. But, instead, takes the initiative to teach them to be world hating Jesus loving disciples. so to an awsome God our Lord Jesus Christ we give thanks for one more mom who is properly li ing out her role of properly representing the Holy Spirit as her husband represents Christ and goes to prepare a place (goes to work)for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. sorry for the typos not a frequent flyer of computers

    ReplyDelete