Friday, January 6, 2012

Why I don't exercise at a gym

Because I have four children. If I wanted to break a sweat and work my bum off, I would just stay home and clean my house.
...or chase my children around.

When I have the opportunity to drop all four children off (at the childcare area of the gym) the LAST thing I want to do is more work.

I want to relax.

I want to take a shower completely alone. At long as I want. With no one coming in with news of tears and bloodshed. Without being interrupted because the phone rang. Because I don't want an audience while I shampoo my hair. (ahem... Talia....) And I can use all the hot water I want and not worry.

I can just sit in the locker room, or the lobby and read a book in silence and peace while the children play.

I can blow dry my hair and/or put on makeup without 15 distractions in that 5 minute span of time.

In the summer, I would rather lay out by the pool with a magazine anyday, than stay inside on those sweaty machines that make me realize how out of shape I am.

In the winter, I would rather sit in the steam room anyday, than work out on those sweaty machines that make me realize how out of shape I am.

Am I forgetting anything? I don't know. I haven't been to the gym in awhile and haven't had that peace and quiet to gather my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment