Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Date a girl who reads...

I cannot even begin to express how much I love this:

Especially the last line. This was written in my love language!

Agirlyoushoulddate

I have a few more things to add:
The entire piece is true. But, if she also likes non-fiction she will know how to do things; practical things, beautiful things.
She will understand history, current times, and maybe even what's to come.
She will always have something to talk about, and I'd bet it's interesting.
She will surprise you with what she knows. Car engines? Farming? Political history? Medicinal information? You never can tell....
She is less likely to be swayed to and fro. She is more likely to be steady. ...Even if she does get emotional about a book or chapter or two.

I hope to impart a love of reading to ALL my kids - the three girls and my boy. Cause frankly, I wouldn't want to be with an unread man, and someday, neither will his future girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh be careful little eyes what you see oh be careful little eyes what you see for the father up above is looking down in love so be careful little eyes what you see we will give an account for every vain word we speak the only true love of reading we should encourage is the bible i have a friend who i call sometimes just to see how quickly she name a drug for any ailment she doesnt even hesitate she can pop it off faster than two shots from a 357 six shooter. problem is that she could not even begin to just pop off a random scripture unless its John 3:16. Problem is we waste so much time reading and studying for a test or just a conversation, but we don't spend nearly enough time studying for eternity. Gods words are here with us eat them drink them feel the joy of them. I have been to countrys where you can have your head cut off for having these words and carried a bible with me. you can name all the fashion and cosmetic and health tips now off the top of your head quote Revelation 19:10

    ReplyDelete