Monday, December 12, 2011

I pray rap, yo

I don't know where you are in your belief system on this, but I believe in speaking in tongues - or what I call my 'prayer language'.

This is in fact, in the Bible. It is real. And it is powerful. It is a way for us to pray to God when we don't have the English words. A sweet communion with Him. A perfect prayer.

Here's the thing. I only like to use it in three situations.
1. An emergency. When I'm freaking out. When I have nothing else in my head but "Help God!" It helps me pray through it.

2. In the shower. I don't know why.

3. Listening to music. (mostly in the car)

So I will pray this way (if you don't know what I'm talking about - my prayer language is nonsense, just short sounds - like an African baby/toddler.) haha!~ I mean no irreverance, but I don't know how to describe it to you. It's not something you make up - it is something God gives you. Some people sound so melodic when they pray this way. I wouldn't say I do though.

I mean, I pray this way listening to all kinds of music in the car. Classical. Christian. Pop. Country.

Two days ago I 'borrowed' a LeCrae album Rebel. It is hardcore Christian rap.

OH MY GOSH.
Lecrae - Rebel CD Cover Art CD music music CDs songs album

I pray RAP! My prayer language is rap!! Can you believe it???!?!? :)
This little white girl can't even TALK that fast. I have some rhythm, but I can't pull off rap - that is, not until I start praying in tongues, yo!!!

I throw the music on and it all just comes flowing out. Beat bop beepin' -it just flows. God has a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment