Friday, December 9, 2011

He doesn't change

God that is. He doesn't change. And I love that about Him.

It makes reading the Bible that much more exciting. He sent an angel to people - like literally - they saw and talked to angels. He can do that still.

He made a donkey talk. You think He can't do that nowadays? ;) Yeah, right.  Keep your eyes and ears open!

He healed people. HE STILL DOES THIS! Did you know I had a chronic disease as a child that was crippling me? I don't have it anymore! God did that. It was only He who could save me and He did!!

God used imperfect people. A prostitute. A shepherd. A widow. People who weren't anything amazing in and of themselves. And I like that. He still does that too, just in case you were wondering.

And, my current favorite:

Dreams. God gave dreams to people. God gives me dreams too. Not, like, visions for your future that you 'think' of when you are awake. No, I mean, actual while-you-were-sleeping dreams.

There are several instances of people who have had dreams from God in the Bible. To warn them, to inform them, or prepare them. Whatever.

I have been spoken to in dreams. I can definitely tell a difference from one of these dreams and just regular sleep dreams. God still speaks in dreams! What a cool God we serve!! I love how consistent He is, yet, so... unpredictable. It is a fascinating and intoxicating combination! You just never know what God is up to. You never know what He will pull out for you next. It may knock you off your socks in a good way, or throw you for a loop. But in all things God works for the good of those who love Him.

This fall I had a series of dreams that confused me. I was sure they were dreams from Him. They were, right??  I began to doubt. Was I making this up? Am I crazy? Losing my mind? Are these from God? If so, why? What is He trying to say?

Reading the Bible this week in Matthew and Luke about Jesus' birth, I was struck by two things. The recurring theme of believing, and that God spoke in dreams in that story too. My heart was touched. I just need to believe. Trust. Go along for the ride. Treasure what's in my heart, store it up and wait for the appropriate time for it to come to pass or be revealed.

Trust God in your life today. Believe. Believe that God is working on your behalf. That He is still doing crazy unpredictable things with your good in mind! Trust that He will use you - the average person! And keep your eyes open for something crazy to happen - that is just soooo like Him! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment