Monday, September 28, 2009

Quiet Please.....


Have you ever been in a minivan with four kids? If not, let me fill you in: it can get a bit loud. Singing, fighting, competition to tell the parent(s) up front the latest news, stories, exclamations of a first seen bulldozer/plane/bird..... and the list of noise goes on.


Today as we were driving to the school my four year old shouted over us all trying to get us to be quiet. We settled down and I asked her what the matter was. She said that God was talking to her and she was trying to hear what He was saying.


(Awww... hello!)


So after a few moments of silence (I wasn't sure how long it would last), I asked her what God was telling her. She said she didn't know.


She never figured out what God was trying to tell her, but her mom learned a lesson. There are times I need to shout over all the noise in my life to listen to what God is telling me - even if I don't catch it on the first try.

1 comment: