Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Too much stuff

So, today I took on the project of moving the baby to her own room and moving our daughter from that room by our master bedroom into the new 'big girl' room. Basically we are putting our 2 and 4 year old girls in the same room. I just finished painting the big girl room to a neutral color (it was blue from when the boy was in there) - and the baby needs to start sleeping in her own room because that arrangement isn't working for anybody!

Wowza! The girls have too much stuff! I can barely FIT all their junk (for lack of a better word) in that room! I completely emptied the closet to better assess and organize. I'm so glad I did! There was a surprising amount of junk in there to toss, to put away in other parts of the house, and to give away. Still, after all that, I have baby dolls and doll clothes, and barbies and a bunch of other stuff that has yet to find a 'home' in there.

How in the world did we accumulate SO much??? I am realizing today that basically - the whole house needs to be gone through. From the coat closet to the linen closet and everywhere in between. Don't get me wrong - we are blessed for sure and not in great need, and for that I am thankful - but perhaps we can bless others with some of our overflow!

PS: the girls went down for a nap - and I already had to seperate one of them due to talking. Hopefully betime will be a bit smoother!

No comments:

Post a Comment