Monday, July 12, 2010

crazy weekend - in review

Here's a quick snapshot of the weekend. I had no idea we were in for what happened!

I decided late Friday, that since I'm clearing out our home of clutter and baby stuff, I'd host an impromptu garage sale Saturday morning. Usually I plan a couple of weeks for garage sales, but somehow pulled this one off in a matter of hours. And you know what?? Signs got made and hung, customers came and pretty much cleared us out, the change box had enough change for all the purchases and my house got emptied out. That's a good day my friends, a good day. But that was just the start.

The kids had their very first lemonade stand. It was a success! So much so that we ran out of lemonade and had to switch to peach tea, and then eventually we ran out of cups and had to close the stand. Now that is a great first time for the kids! They made plenty of money to split up amongst themselves.


I almost got struck by lightning. I really am not kidding you. Won't forget that anytime soon. I knew one of our afternoon thunderstorms was rolling in and I still had a card table at the edge of the garage. I ran out to get it as I heard the first few drops of rain falling - hoisting the metal legs above my head as I swung the still open table into the garage. As soon as I set it down and stood back in the open garage door about to grab something else, the whole garage and outside flashed a blinding light all around me and at the EXACT same time a thundering boom sounded above my head. See... lightning is supposed to come before thunder - not at the same time. So, I knew it was literally right on top of me. I was shaking from the scare and ran in the house. The garage wouldn't shut. I thought maybe the lightning struck the house. I ran into the house to make sure that everyone was okay (Patrick was using a power saw in the basement - was he okay?? - he was) But it was seriously scary. (that's the short of it - but you get the idea. I'm pretty sure you can not physically be closer to lightning without getting struck. My ears hurt (rang) from the boom for about 20 mins.

I had a sandwich and soda for dinner - and I made the bread and the soda. Now, I know, it is not really novel to make bread. But I made the soda! Yum! I was so proud of myself!


We decided to list our home (as in for sale). Yes, that's right. Move. (my family doesn't know this yet - and I hope I get to tell them before they read it on here...)
So we spent other hours of the weekend, caulking baseboards in the basement and packing boxes for storage. Well - let me be clear. We are going to try to move (in this market) and see what happens. One of those 'walk through the doors until God closes it' kind of thing. We love where we are, so we could live here for years to come if need be.

I took care of someone's house while they were on vacation - (watered yards, garden, etc.)

Okay - actually all this happened on Saturday. I'm drawing a blank on Sunday right now, but let me tell you - it was a busy, crazy, but great weekend. Life if sooooo full - but I'm loving (almost) every minute of this adventure.

I forget who said this but I once heard, "Life is either a daring adventure - or nothing at all." That's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment