Friday, July 9, 2010

random lady talk from a party..

....produces really weird conversations. This is a snapshot of a discussion, and I thought it was particularly funny, because, alas, I am one of those wives!

Pastor's wives and Doctor's wives:

~ Both have husbands that work holidays - because some needs just don't take a holiday

~ Have hubbies that work both really amazing, and really yucky, hours - depending on the day and/or season

~ Both have hubbys that get 'emergency calls' late at night, that ... frankly...aren't really emergencies

~ Husbands may have to work a weekend here or there...

~ Both spouses help to heal or better the people that need them

~ Both have people walk up to the family in public and talk to the husband... and then talk to you (the wife) and/or the kids like they know you..except you have no idea who they are. This can be especially interesting if they tell a story about you or the kids. "I heard you went to California this year, that's where I'm from... my aunt and uncle used to live on the coast and....." (mmm... thanks for sharing in the middle of this store with my four kids in tow... but nice meeting you!)

~ Both husbands do a lot of ministry

So... I was laughing because I can relate and think this is funny. Plus, it just goes to show when women get together we can literally talk about anything... no matter how off-the-wall. PS: sis - hope you enjoy - it made me think of you, since you also, were one of the wives! :)

Hope your Friday is going well! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment