Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A day for the books

I'm writing this on the brink of insanity.
Motherhood is highly overrated. HIGHLY. Least it feels that way today....

I'm sure it's good and glorious and charming and powerful, amazing, inspiring and spiritual.

But.... not today. I can't see those sweet moments through the dense fog of crazy that invaded the house some time the the middle of last night while I was sleeping peacefully.  It's like all of my kids were kidnapped by aliens last night and horrible facsimiles of them were put in their place.

I woke with a headache. Oh, if only I knew that was going to be the highlight of my day....

I don't even want to see the youngest two little people until tomorrow. I think for their protection and my own, I should just say goodnight to them and start fresh tomorrow. I don't even think THEY need to be the ones to go to bed. Maybe it should be me.

I'll tuck myself into bed with a hot chocolate and a good novel I'm reading and snuggle under the feather comforter and call it a night. I'll light a candle and shut my door. Maybe I'll play some soft music after I read the book.

Yeah, right. I can dream though. Well, I better go. I have 33 minutes until I tuck them in and wish them the best until tomorrow.

I just hope the aliens take these freaks and bring my REAL kids back.

No comments:

Post a Comment