Monday, October 1, 2012

Bummed with an answer

Have you ever prayed for something and was then disappointed it was answered???

That is how I feel today. I had sorta been praying about something. ... I say sorta, because my prayer was slightly *different* than my husbands, but he asked me to be in prayer about something, and I was.

Yesterday it got answered. But not the answer I hoped for. Sure, my 'answer' was a bit of a pipe dream, but nothing is impossible with God, so I figured.... go for it. Ask for the crazy thing in prayer.

Apparently, God thought it was crazy too, and answered Patrick's version of the prayer instead.
That's life I guess. Some times you just gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em.

But although my feelings are mixed and a TINY bit ....disappointed..... I can say I trust God. It took me 30 years to actually trust Him and not just 'say' that I trust Him. Maybe this is a test. Sure, my feelings are let down, but my trust is not. We don't base life on our feelings. Feelings betray. But I can trust in God through anything.

Even this minor thing I'm having a private small pity party about. :)
I kid, I kid. No pity parties here. I'm gonna be a big girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment