Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here's your sign

There's an old Jeff Foxworthy song Here's Your Sign. It is all about stupid people and people doing stupid things. That being said, this story is funnier the farther away I get from it. It wasn't so humorous the day it happened...

It is last summer. I have a two month old baby with me in this little mom and pop store. She is in the carseat - but hanging right there on my arm.

One of the store clerks comes up to me. I have seen her in there every week for the last year and a half. She has seen me pregnant, and now, here I am with my baby.

She praises the cuteness of the baby. She looks at me. Oh! Are you expecting?? she exclaims.

Clearly not lady. Here, right beside me - this is the baby that fat was caused by.
No, I say politely. I'm not. (smile)

Are you sure?? You look about five months pregnant! (She RUBS my belly!!)

A lot of silent screaming ensues.

No, I'm sure. Here's the baby.

Well... we'll see...

No, we won't see. That is medically not probable. Here's your sign.

1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY?? Wow. Wow. Wow!! Tara, I laughed so hard after reading this! I think being pregnant/just having had the baby gives people the audacity to do things that they otherwise normally wouldn't do. But this story...takes. the. cake. Craziness!!

    ReplyDelete