Monday, March 22, 2010

Vacation


We went on our first big real vacation since we had kids six years ago. Wow! Too long, but when you are constantly pregnant or nursing it is easy not to throw kids in the car and just drive.

So we went on vacation with four little kids, 6 and under, and I have to admit I was a little nervous about driving for four days (round trip) and hotel sleeping arrangements and naps....and.... you name it.

But the vacation turned out to be complete bliss. I was somewhat sick the whole time, but it wasn't anything adrenaline or excitement of the day couldn't keep me running on. Did that make sense??... um... still sleep deprived from our long days. Basically, I was not in perfect health, but could keep up with vacation pace and activities!! Yea!

We went to Vegas, Santa Monica CA, Newport Beach CA, Disneyland, and then home.

We have the most bestest kids EVER! I was so impressed with them. They were fabulous! I'm not kidding, and I am bragging. ;) We even had two people (that I can remember) tell us that we have "such well behaved kids"! (Such good words to hear. Let's face it, sometimes you wonder if you'll survive this or that phase of parenting, and wonder if you are even making a dent!)

The kids were put under a lot of change, a new city almost everyday, early mornings and late, late nights. Sleeping in strollers, the car and the floor. Eating out and eating the same meals in day after day after day...

And I tell you again, the kids were amazing!! My love for each of them grew and grew! It was fun to spend so much time with them and Patrick for 10/11 days straight, getting to see more of who they are and enjoying their personalities to the fullest!

Our trip was full of adventure of course... but I have a lot of catching up to do today, and I don't think I can start all that now (details). So I will catch you up on some of the most notable things in the days to come. For now, you know where I've been.

One last thing - it always feels so good to come home and sleep in your own bed no matter how good a time you had - doesn't it??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment