Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's my job

I watched a special on TV last night about the current Oscar nominees. I love the Oscars. I think it is because secretly (or not so secretly) I have always wanted to walk that red carpet that night myself. Growing up all I wanted to be was an actress.

I even checked into the 'acting' program at a college once, but who was I kidding? There is no money (really) in an acting diploma. You either act - or you don't.

I might have gotten part of my wish. My husband thinks I'm always acting dramatic, and my kids think I'm funny! You take what you can get I suppose. ;)

As for my other skills: Last night I was loading the dishwasher. My hubs was in and out of the room, and when he came back he said, "Wow. You're already done? You're fast."

I said, "Thanks, but I do this for a living...so you know..."
I do this for a living??? I guess I do. No big red carpet for me. I turned out to be a dishwasher! ha!

I was on a friends blog yesterday and she had a color personality test thing linked to her site. I took it and here are my results. I think they are amazingly accurate...for a test taken by looking at colors. (although I think the order of importance should be flipped)

Best Occupational Category
You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords
Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious
Investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.
RESEARCHER OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are College Professor, Physician, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Chemist, Marketing Research, Inventor, Sales Forecasting, Project Engineer, Dentist, Identifying Consumer Demand, Chiropractor, Dentist, Medical Technician, Optometrist, Research & Development Manager, Respiratory Therapist, Real Estate Appraiser, Chiropractor, Veterinarian, Geologist, Physicist, Science Teacher, Medical Technologist, and Author of Technical Books.
RESEARCHER WORKPLACES
Task-oriented careers where you can become absorbed in the job, be original and creative, and not conform to rigid company rules will work best for you. Unstructured organizations, for example, that allow you to sail your own ship are vital.
Suggested Researcher workplaces are universities and colleges, home office positions, medical facilities, computer-related industries, scientific foundations and think tanks, research firms, and design laboratories.




2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR
Keywords:
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or whether they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment