Friday, November 26, 2010

Here's me being crazy

Yes, this is admittedly a ridiculous post. It can be compared to saying I want to go to Neverland.

But here's the thing....I would really really like to see full skirted dresses and skirts for women come back into style. I wish that I could single-handedly accomplish this. I just LOVE the rustle of skirts. I love the warm they provide when it is cold outside, and I love the 'lady-ness' of them. You just look pretty - even if you have a few too many pounds here or there, if you have a tummy roll or a flat butt. Or a big butt. Or chunky thighs. Or chicken legs.

The biggest problem with full skirts.... you really can't even attempt to bring them back. Because if you go out in public wearing one of these things, people will think you are either crazy, or in some kind of theater production. Actually.... that may be my perfect excuse... this being the holiday time and all.... maybe I could start wearing one and just let everyone think I'm some local actress in the holiday play who just happens to be out and about in costume to pick up some milk..... hmmmmm.....

See, I got two full skirts yesterday. Like the kind you wear under a wedding gown. So, actually they are two full slips. If I.... say... made a skirt for them out of calico... that would be weird. Like I was trying to be on Little House on the Prairie or something. BUT! What if you took the skirt and covered it in a really modern gorgeous print, or updated material or design and then wore it with a tee.... something to ponder.

Actually.... since my very hip sister got me a subscription to InStyle (which I have been reading since it's first year) - I know that full skirts actually hit the runways this fall. That's right... full skirts are back baby!! The main problem, is that I like the longer rustling kind, and they highlight the calf or knee length ones.

Maybe it is just a matter of time...... ;)Full skirts - Fall trend

Regardless... I'm hearing my church choir may be doing this caroling thing... maybe I'll make a 'Christmas-y' one and wear it to that. Carolers do traditionally have full rustling skirts!!! haha!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea! As long as the full skirts don't make me look fuller than I am. :)

    ReplyDelete