Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Me? Supergirl??

Well... maybe. I seriously think I just might have the ears of Superman.

Here's the thing. I can hear my daughter coughing in her room. I can hear my husband calling me from the basement bathroom for toilet paper. I can hear my husband calling me from any bathroom in the house for a towel. (apparently he goes into that room rather unprepared...)

I can hear my son telling his sister not to tell on him for whatever he just did to her. I can hear everyone of them calling me all the time. I can hear them if I am in the kitchen with the dishwasher running. I can hear them when I am in our walk-in closet. I can (usually) hear them from our laundry room.

Can they hear me??? Oh no. Heaven's to betsy no. Can they hear me in the freakin' middle of the house screaming my brains out?? Is our house just too big??

I dare to offer two potential situations.
1. All of them - all five of them - must have some type of hearing deficiency.  But that can't be possible. What are the chances??? I mean... if it was just one of them, I'd wonder. But all five??? Not possible.

2. I have the ears of Superman. That is the only reasonable solution or plausible reason why I can always hear them, even in soft voices, while they seem to be deaf to my calls and needs.

Well folks, that's all. Obviously I have super powers. Just thought I'd share. I mean... it's not everyday you realize you are part human, part Supergirl.

Have a good night...
What?? What was that??? I heard that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment