Thursday, December 23, 2010

From the hands of babes....

Last year I bought the Little People nativity set. My kids want to touch and feel and move and 'play with' nativity scenes (so it would seem since they do that with mine), so I bought them this. They can touch and play with it all they want. Very user-friendly. (smile)

This is what it looks like:


I walked past the nativity a couple of days ago and saw this:

A lamb was put in the place of Jesus. I wanted to reach over and 'fix' it. But then it struck me.

Whoever did this, though probably accidental, really drove home the Christmas point. There was Mary and Joseph, with the Lamb of God with them in that barn. A Lamb had come to be slaughtered (eventually) for you and for me.

So, when you look at the nativity, see the baby Jesus and the cuteness and wonder that infants bring. But, also look closer and see the Lamb. He didn't stay a baby for long. They never do...

He came as that cute baby - so you would live with him in eternity. That is the wonder and miracle of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment