Wednesday, December 22, 2010

No language barrier here

My precious, precious one year old just told me.....'no'.

And so it begins. As of this point I only have had three of the four children telling me no. Now the last one has become an 'official child'... and everyone can officially 'talk back'.  Merry Christmas to me! (haha)

Admittedly, it is cute coming from her... but a sign of life to come.
(Are my kids allowed to talk back to me?? Of course not!! No. No way. But do they sometimes?? You bettcha! All kids do at some point. I don't think there is a child on this planet who hasn't talked back to a parent - even if it was just under their breath...)

Here's what happened. We just had breakfast an hour ago. I'm at the base of the stairs, and Talia comes over and yells down, "Mooooommmmmmmmm!" (this is a new way to call me) "apple. apple. apple. apple" jumps of glee at the very tip top of a stair case, "apple. apple."

Me, "do you want an apple??" She actually wants a tangerine, but other than "mananas", all fruit are "apples".
More jumps of glee and huge smiles all teetering on the edge of the stairs. I dash upwards. "Not right now Talia. We just had breakfast. You have to wait til snack."

And then it came. "Nnnooooo!" She ran to the kitchen telling me 'no' over and over.
One year olds..... :)

She is just the cutest! Goofy. Crazy. But cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment