Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I got to wear it!!

We went to the Rock Ledge Ranch Christmas celebration this last weekend. They are a historic site in town which has three houses from an 1860's homestead cabin, to an actual farm house from 1880, and a house from 1907 that one of the founders of our city built.

They have 'docents' that dress up in period clothing in each house and show you what Christmastime was like back then. I love this event. I think it is really good for the children. I love them seeing the un-elaborate Christmases of years gone by. The simple trees and decorations. The very few packages under the tree wrapped in just simple brown paper and tied with string.

At the homes they also make the food that would have been eaten. The cabin had popcorn. The farmhouse had Christmas sausage (it smelled a-mazing!) and something else... and the Edwardian home had scalloped potatoes among other things.

In a November post called Here's me being crazy, I talked about my love of full skirts. Well... what better event to wear it to???  I really don't have something to cover the slip - yet - so I used a Victoria Secret terrycloth swimsuit cover up. The slip was peeking out, but I think it worked okay.

First of all, I was warm. Score. Second of all, I didn't have to walk around out there in my snow pants to accomplish that warmth. Score again. And... lastly - I have to say, it just looked good. ;)

One of my favorite parts of the evening by far (personally) was when we were walking out towards the parking lot, and some family coming in (it was way dark) said, "Hey look kids, there's someone dressed up! Say hi!"

Of course I smiled and said hi. Loved it. haha... it's the simple things that make your day. :)


Not sure why Avalon looks pouty in these pictures, she had a great time. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment