Tuesday, December 14, 2010

our Christmas tree

Usually I'm very "Monica Geller" about our Christmas tree.  ...this ornament here and this ornament there... big ones on the bottom, no two same ones together, small ones on top.

We have a simple tree. It is filled with special ornaments of Patrick and mine, special kid ornaments - and then the usual 'crappy' kid ornaments made from pipe cleaners, foam, stickers, glitter glue, popsicle sticks and what-not. We don't have elaborate themes, or big ribbon garland (this year), or all of the other 'model tree' stuff. But it's our tree, and here in person, it looks amazing.

This year... I had the BEST time decorating. I just let the kids do all the work. I mean, every single stitch of it. And this is what it turned out like:


Oh, I'm sorry, can you not really see it??? Just to be clear here.... the ornaments.... all of them... are on the bottom two feet of the tree. Cute. But not that cute.

I could only take this so long people. I had to change it.

This is what it looks like now.
Merry Christmas to me!
(I like to think there's a little bit of Monica Geller in all of us. And that's okay.)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love this! I'm the same way...we go in stages...kids decorate, Mommy fixes, kids decorate, Mommy fixes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - that's the way it goes. :) I'm not brave enough to NOT mommy-ize it!

    ReplyDelete