Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The past week

Dear You,

I have thought about you this past week, but I haven't had a chance to say hi. So sorry. Hope you have been well.

I had a sick baby last week. The tummy flu - it was gross. One year olds should never be allowed to throw up. For one, they don't run to the toilet first, and even if you hear it coming, they don't want a bowl shoved up under their chin when they feel that way. They would actually prefer to vomit on their own clothing, the highchair, and your carpet. Oh, and in and on their bedding and toys, lest we forget. So, that kept me a teenie bit busy.

Then, as soon as she recovered from that she entered a few days of severe teething. All four sides of her mouth with exposed gum lines have sharp jagged white teeth coming up. At once.

May I say that while going through this, she was just lovely. NOT! It was extremely painful for everyone involved. Really. Oh, and I also got a knot in my back the size of a grapefruit, and a crick in my hip, and a sore elbow from holding her so much. And since I was the only one she wanted - it was a loooooonnnggg week.

However, I think we are back to normal now. The morning was good, the afternoon today was interesting. But I think we are definitely 'out of the woods'.

Sooooo..... how have you been??? Any interesting stories to share? Anyone win any lotto tickets?

Me?? I'm going to enjoy some 'me' time tonight. Patrick is out for guys night.

I love guy's night. Love it. I love my husband. I adore him, his attention, and spending time with him. BUT... a night to myself, with all the kids tucked in bed and the house silent is AMAZING. It's not just the bees knees darling... it's the whole bees legs!! (wink)

I get to do what I want when I want as fast and as slow as I want. If I want to spend the entire night showering and primping and spa-ing, I can. If I want to blog and watch movies, I can. If I want to read magazines with popcorn and hot chocolate... I can. Well, you get the idea. And so, I'm off.

Although I love you, I don't want to spend the entire night with you! No offense! ;)
Cordially,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment