Monday, January 10, 2011

The first week was a success!

The first week went soo well - and even though it is the first week of January, I'm not talking about an exercise or diet plan. (Though I would really love to get in shape sometime this year...)

It was the first week of homeschool! :) Whoo!Whoo!

You may remember me talking about it here. I have started homeschooling my son before he transfers to a charter school next fall. I had a great week! I was a little worried about him missing friends, not concentrating, not obeying, not taking me seriously when I say this is real school.... but he did fantastic. We got a lot done, and I was really proud of him!

And you know the best part??? After our first day of school he told his dad at the dinner table (unprompted) how much he likes homeschooling, and that it was fun. Boy oh boy did I feel like a super-rock-star-mom!

I know there may be some tougher days ahead. I try to be realistic. There may be a whole week where we are going uphill both ways - so to speak.... but this week was a banner first week! Go me! (This would mean more to you if you really knew how much, how very much, I never wanted to be homeschooling my children!)

He is getting along great and is not lacking friends whatsoever! In fact, he had a girl call him to chat yesterday. She has been a great friend of his since last year. She called again today - three times. They were 'talking' on the phone while Alex played Mario with his dad. And on one of the phone calls, Alex was just narrating what everyone in the house was doing. "mom is walking to the kitchen, Avalon is going to get a baby doll..."
(Frankly, I'm glad I wasn't on the phone. Super boring conversation with a seven year old.)

So, here we go, on to week two. Bring it on! (but, um... be nice to me, I'm still a newbie)

No comments:

Post a Comment