Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Home Sweet .... Crap! part 3

So the middle of January came and our contract on the little forest house expired. There were two options. The bank could either renew the contract or give us back our earnest money.

They didn't want to give us our money. ;) We renewed the contract for 12,000 less than we had previously. Sweet!! Maybe all of that run-around was so that the Lord could give us the house for less. What a deal! Thanks God! The new contract gave us until the middle of March to sell our home and get a contract on the forest house.

Then - just two weeks later.... BOOM! The crap hit the fan - so to speak. And excuse the cussing.. but if you were living it like we were... crap is a mild word, really....

On a Thursday afternoon just shortly after renewing the contingency, a ''real" buyer came for the forest house. We now had 48 hours to either find a buyer for our home or let the contract go. We had til Saturday afternoon. Let the stress and prayers begin!!

I'll tell you something... I am summing up these house stories for the sake of not boring you. One paragraph here, one paragraph there... but living it. Waiting on 'nail beds' for answers and prayers to be answered was sooooo long. So tough... but one thing is for sure. My relationship with God got stronger over these past few months and I'm really learning to trust Him. Trust is hard for me. It really is. I like to be in control, or at least have a plan or a small idea of what may come. But blindly following??? Super hard for this chicka.

Anyway... mid Saturday about 2 hours from our deadline we had nothing. No buyers. No offers. I had to tell my realtor to let the house go. Patrick was out with a friend and having to do that by myself was soooo very not fun. I was with a friend, so I got to cry a little with her for a moment.

Two hours pass, the deadline passes.... but only barely.... by minutes.... and we get a call. It is our realtor. We have an offer on our house and we'll take it!! :)

We (he) immediately starts calling the bank (the forest home is owned by a bank - did I ever tell you that??) and the other realtor. An hour later things are looking good. It looks like we got it. We did reply by Saturday afternoon - technically, so we just had to wait until Monday morning to confirm this with the bank. (banks are closed on Saturday afternoons, fyi)

Well.... not like waiting on something important isn't hard enough, now we find out the 'bank lady' wouldn't be in til Tuesday. Rrrrrrr..... okay. Another 24 hours. We can survive that... right??? My blood pressure is normally pretty low, so I'm sure I'll survive this stress just a little longer......

Tuesday arrives. Finally. Hello!!! I'm so anxious I can barely focus. I did well until about 10am, and then I started 'losing it'.

Our realtor calls and tells us to pray, there are snags. I can't relate all the drama here.... but it comes down to this:
The bank says we didn't get it to them in writing by the 48 hour mark - and so we lose the house. WHAT?!?!?!?

Now I take a 30 minute pity party. We're up. We're down. We're up... we're down. Up down, up down..... so exhausting. A good portion of a tissue box was used and then... I was 'over' it. It is what it is. Super confusing.. but I had no control over it. Super confusing. I really really felt like that is where we were 'supposed' to be, you know?? It wasn't just a house - it was our home in a sense.... I could see our future there.

There are more details than that... things in Patrick and my heart, things we see as to come, some financial possibilities that that land had that no others do. It is complicated, but in short we believed God was calling us there. He opened all these doors, from winning the initial bid, to it passing inspection and plumbing with flying colors, to getting it for thousands less. What was God up to??? I had NO CLUE. This was beyond following Him blindly. This was blindly following Him on a skydiving trip!!

What choice did we have though?? If you are blind-folded while sky diving, you definitely hold on the One that took you!!

(still more to come....)

No comments:

Post a Comment