Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving

Things I don't like about moving:

I (WE) own too much stinkin' crap.

To be honest with you, I think I could clothe about 6 families our size. I didn't know this before - but as I pack up clothes and look at what is left in the closet, and still piled high in the laundry room... I am embarrassed.  It is shameful.

Friends have asked if I need them to come help pack. (Refer to point one) I don't really want to say yes - because it is letting them into a place in your life you let VERY few people. "Come, please, see the inner workings of our house and every little last piece of junk that we have that we haven't thrown out for seven years."

I am out of shape. I moved...say 25 boxes today (packed ones) - and it was so painful! What??? I'm about to move 1,300 million boxes in a couple of weeks, and 25ish boxes wore me out??? This is not encouraging news.

You buy a house - you think.... but you really have no idea. I mean, you invest ALL this time, and money, and effort and yada yada yada.... and your buyers (of your house) can 'legally' walk at inspection, or survey, or inspection resolution, or appraisal, or when they blow their nose, or eat dinner...... (I think you know what I mean) It is really frustrating.

In a similar vein as point one, we have too many toys. I was 'never gonna raise spoiled kids'. Nope my kids were not going to be raised like kids that have it all. But, um.. they do. They have it ALL. As in ALL of Toys R Us, Walmart, and Target combined. And I'm trying to not take it ALL with us. It is pretty tough to clear out toys. First you have the obvious - "MOM!! Why is my crown in the trashcan!?!?" (This actually happened today.) Secondly - it is difficult to sell them at a garage sale (IF you have time to have one before moving day). The kids come out and see their *favorite* toy on the lawn... and you know....

Anyway, that is my gripe fest for the day. I know if we DO move... and I certainly hope we do....
We will forget these days the way women 'forget' the pain of labor, and the sleepless nights of infancy. I know we will 'love' the new house. I know it will all be worth it. I try to remember that on days like today. Days when I consider throwing in the towel on it all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment