Friday, July 8, 2011

Dashiell Robert Parr

The new dog. We got a new puppy dog two days ago. Less than 48 hours ago to be exact.
It's going pretty well. Nobody I know is a fan of poop, or poop clean-up. However, I would like to take this moment to say how very very much I hate cleaning up poop that has been smeared into gates and tiles and puppy beds.


AAAGGGGHHH!!!!!

But he is a really cute dog. We call him Dash. I have this thing - ever since I was young, but old enough to name my own pets - I name them Disney names. I love Disney. I'm not a pet person. Perhaps it is a psychological way of making me like the animal more???? Regardless.... they get Disney names. Or today, Disney/Pixar names.

We considered Mater, Beast, Dash and Jack-jack. Alex (our son) wanted to name him Thunder - later we find out it's because the neighbor's dog is named Thunder!! (funny kid....)

Dash won out. But Patrick and I secretly call him Dashiell Robert Parr. Because it is funny to us, and because it's like using a kid's middle name.



Dash has a great temperament so far. He is 6 months old and we have four little, excited kids. The dog is handling us sooooo well!! He is calm, isn't yappy, hasn't snapped at all the little grabby hands, lets my daughter hold him hanging from her hip in a very 6 year old way all day - he will fit in nicely if he keeps up this mellowness. (Mommy just might keep him!! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment