Tuesday, April 24, 2012

just another manic Tuesday, whoa oh whoa

What a day! Wowza.

  • While I was up in the barn with the ducks, my son who was supposed to be 'helping' me, accidentally let a goat loose - out of his pen - and into the wild blue yonder of the forest. This actually happened due to our 3rd child for the first time on Saturday, and Patrick had to get both the goats because I couldn't budge them. Not a bit. They tossed me around like buttah. So today, I figured - shoot. We lost a goat. Somehow I managed to get it back in the pen and then I wondered if I had shut the duck door behind me when I realized a goat was out. Did we have three loose ducks too???? ....ah. Thankfully not. The Lord had mercy.
  • I dropped a knife on the top of my bare foot over the weekend. It officially hurts to have a shoe touch that bruise. ...I wore flip-flops most of the day.
  • I hate moth season..... but although it started with a vengeance on Sunday, I think it is milder now. I know it's only two days later... but maybe this season won't be as bad??? One can only hope.
  • I had to walk into my daughter's school this morning. I was uncombed, unmake-uped, with glasses and pajamas on. It was a walk of shame,.... but let me tell you, no one has ever walked into that school taller than me. I mean... wear it like you own it, right?? Even if you have the snot embarrassed outta ya.
  • I shampooed carpets today. That rocks, right??? I think so.
  • I made a new dish for dinner tonight. It looks like a pile of mushy goo, but I thought it was delish!! Quinoa, grilled zucchini, corn, red peppers, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onions, garlic,olive oil. There is mixing and cooking involved... but that is the gist. Yum-o. I will/would make that again.
  • I feel a tremendous amount of guilt over not having grocery shopped lately and not having more meals planned/fruit available for snacks.... but I'm just so tired....  And frankly, tired of preparing food - even with the fun new dinner tonight. Why do so many people rely solely on me for sooo many portions of food every day???  #exhausting
  • I am also deeply bothered that I don't have more plants growing and getting ready for the garden. I really want ground cherries this year and I don't even have the seeds started. I hope it's not too late.
  • On day two of project "clean out the overfilled nasty cluttered girls room" - and making amazing progress. By tomorrow the room will be cleaned perfectly - every nook and cranny, every toy box and closet shelf. It will totally be worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment