Tuesday, November 29, 2011

more closet thoughts

1. I mentioned wearing clothes that are too big. My sis is a slight bit bigger than me. Slight. And I've lost weight. And I need to gain weight - it's just slower going than one would hope. My sis' shirts and most skirts and pants are awesome, but some pants have been a little loose. I feel I must explain - she is not a size 12- she is like an amazing slender, sexy and hot little mama. And I even admit I've bought some things that are not my size - hoping they'd fit 'someday', or I just had bad judgement. But if you read yesterday's post, you'd see I am trying to no longer dress for 'someday'.

I have this pair of jeans with ripped knees. I LOVE them. But they are too big - don't remember where I got them. But love them so much, they were actually complete jeans at one point and the holes in the knees came as the material was literally worn and washed away. But they are BIG on me. I wore them a few weeks ago, with shorts on underneath to fill out the 'poopy butt', and a belt. That's just sad. But I'm not ready to rip any holes in my 'new' jeans!! So, there you have it.

2. As I look at my clothes being posted on the web for all to see, it becomes apparent to me just how much of a jeans/tee/ and cap kind of girl I am. They are the mainstays in my life, and they even got center-stage of the photos. I always kinda picture me as an adventurous and fun dresser - the photos would suggest otherwise.... hmmm...  time for new mental snapshots???

3. I'm obviously not a HUGE scarf fan, as I feel the display is cute, but there are only 4 scarves there. Hmm.. not ready to let them go yet though. :) My winter scarves get worn. I appreciate their warmth too much!

4. Guess I'm not too much of a jewelry fan either. The pic looks reaallllly boring. I need a blue necklace, but even if I add that - still a pretty boring display. Oh well. Neutrals match everything, right??? I'm just being frugal and practical. Plus, some of them are from my aunt and my grandma, and I want to hang on to those just because. There is this long shell necklace my grandpa brought back from the Philippines for my grandma while he was in the Navy. Awww.... I don't wear it, (maybe I should) but I'm not getting rid of it either.

5. I'm so glad I only took a picture of my boots (which, yes, are stored in upright opened packing boxes. What can I say, I'm a little bit cheap). Anyway - the boots. So glad I didn't take a picture of all my SHOES. You would be appalled. Seriously blown away. Not at the stylishness. Not at the name brands. Oh no. Just at the sheer volume. I would be sooo embarrassed. Whew. Glad I wasn't too click happy yesterday. I, uh... need to clear those out too.... ahem. Well, as all parts of my life, so it is with simplifying and clearing out - something I have felt called to for over a year - One Step at a Time.

Or, as the Gildea family likes to say, "Baby Steps." :) hee hee. (We have a baby schedule to keep Bob) If you know what that is from, then you are cool too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment