Friday, April 16, 2010

Got milk??

Here's the short of it:

My son has a few severe food allergies. Unfortunately they are super common foods - like milk. That means no butter, yogurt, cheese..... and you get the beginning of the picture. That's just the one food. There are a couple more.

Two of my friends are starting to eliminate gluten (a tough thing to eliminate it appears) from their family's diet.

Another friend shared today that their child is allergic to about a dozen super common foods.

The last friend mentioned in her email that her kid shouldn't feel too different (from the other kids) since food allergies are so common these days.

I don't know about you, but that is wrong! Yes, I'm in a 'peeved off' mode here people. I want to save the world - or change the world. But, unfortunately eradicating food allergies is out of my jurisdiction today. But I'm still mad!!

Why are our kids 'sick'??? What about this world we live in today is making all our kids sick to things they shouldn't be?? When will we be able to live in a less toxic world?? (I'm convinced the toxicity is what is doing this to the kids)

(Told you I was ranting and raving today...like my soap box???)

On one hand, some of these food limitations make us choose healthier food for our families overall. That is a good change. I know our family (in general) eats better than if we had never had a child with dietary limitations. But I still wish we didn't have to learn the healthy eating habit this way.

Okay - I can't solve anything here. And I'm sure you need more things to stress about - so I'll end the post here....and put up something a little more cheery soon. But for now I'm thinking about posting a new bumper sticker on my car (minivan). Instead of something like:

MADD (mothers against drunk driving) I'm thinking about:

FUWATSTEFAJTOKDW (fed up with all this stupid toxic, environmental, food allergy junk that our kids deal with)

The End

2 comments:

  1. I will proudly display one of those bumper stickers on my mama wagon! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Sweet friend. I'm sorry to have tipped you off like that! I think I was just saying I'm thankful Maddie isn't alone in this b/c a lot of her friends have food allergies. :( Your email was super encouraging to me too. I am so thankful to have friends to walk through this journey with! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete