Thursday, April 22, 2010

I love...

the QVC.

We recently have decided to pay for television. Whoa! I never thought I'd be doing that, but those digital conversion boxes ....suck.

So we bought basic cable. ie: the four major broadcasts and PBS. A few bonus channels showed up though. One of which is the QVC - or for you non-cable people, the home shopping network.

Now, I love it for the exact opposite reason that you might expect.

I haven't ordered a single thing from them.

But, when flipping stations, they are pretty amusing. I have never seen such hideous (perhaps some would say ugly...or tacky) clothes sold with such pain-staking detail.

"And then you see this horribly atrocious blouse has a collar and four purple buttons dyed to match." Thanks for stating the obvious Marie....

"You can wear this awful thing to the store...to the bank...to the park...to a restaurant..." thanks Linda...yes, you can wear that anywhere you don't want to go naked. But then again - why would you go out into public wearing that??

"This sweater is so multi-functional. You can wear it alone. Or with pants. Or a necklace." (laughter) "Yes, yes, I wore it the other day and my blind neighbor told me how beautiful I was looking!" "Well! If that isn't proof right there ladies!! Wear this and you'll be stopping traffic!"

You may be stopping traffic - but hopefully it won't be because they run into you blinded by that 1980's florescent lime green knitted disaster you are donning.

So, all that to say, if you are folding laundry, or trying to zone out after a long day - turn to the QVC. I promise you are in for a good show. If you don't get that station, as I haven't for years, come to my house. I'll make popcorn and we'll yak it up together!

No comments:

Post a Comment