Thursday, June 17, 2010

happy with less

In the beginning of the year, I mentioned my goal (resolution) would be to clear out clutter and live happily with less.

Because, frankly, we have too much freakin' stuff!!

Well, half year update here... that progress is going painfully, painfully slow. However, a month ago, I got rid of two car loads of nice stuff for a drive our church was doing, a different load went to the thrift store and another load to my mom's garage sale.

Still, our house is too crammed full. Must get rid of more!! (how the heck did we end up with all this??? I'm not even that big of a shopper!)

Well, yesterday I filled one and a half boxes for the thrift store again, and today I worked on my overflowing closet. I rearranged, and cleaned (not quite finished) and I filled the other half of that second box for the thrift store. I'm really proud of myself! The fact I could still find that much to get rid off after all the recent giveaways, is a big deal for someone like me. And ...it feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment