Tuesday, June 15, 2010

how it ended up

Okay, so let's see... obviously I haven't written in a week and I need to let you know how we got the dog. Well! I last left you with us being angry and sad that someone else got the dog we wanted - even though we didn't 'want' a dog.

I kept looking at sites online over the weekend to see if I could find another forlorn dog that needed us. I kept looking, but part of me was already disappointed, because it wouldn't be... her.

So I look again at the Humane Society website on Monday... and WHAT!?!? - THERE she is!! She is BACK. Someone brought her back! ...uh... but why?? Now I want to know what is wrong with the dog. So I call the number listed for more information about her and ask. Turns out the lady that got her on Saturday just felt she (and another dog she picked up the same day) didn't fit in around her house.

I call Patrick. I call again. I keep getting his voicemail. Boo! Ugh! I want to tell him this crazy and unexpected news... the dog we saw is back!

An hour and a half passes. I text him again. He calls, and is like, what's the big deal?? What's going on??
Turns out he didn't get the other messages. I tell him the news and he tells me to go get her - right now! Go get her and bring her home! She is meant to be!

So I call mom and ask her to come and help me with the dog process and four kids. She agrees and I head to her house to pick her up. Patrick calls me with updates about four times on the way to her house and the pound. The dog is still there. (It's a first come first serve deal. If you visit the dog, she is on reserve for you and you only to adopt for an hour.)

We get there... and .... we missed her by FIVE minutes. What kind of cruel world do we live in??? We missed her by 30 minutes on Saturday, odds of all odds, she comes back and we miss her AGAIN.. this time by five minutes. You've got to be kidding me.

The kids are sad... yada yada. I'm a complete stress ball. Thank goodness mom came!!
She watched the kids while we waited to see if the other lady would take the dog home.

I'm guessing you know the end of the story by now... but that is it. The other lady didn't take her and we did. So... that is how we ended up with a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment