Thursday, June 3, 2010

We got a pet!!

This is a big deal, I feel... when your kids are six and younger - and there are four of them.

Let's face it. Most days I'm so proud of myself for cleaning up after THEIR poo and feeding them!! (hello!!)

But... on the other hand, this is starting to not be what I imagined in 'happily-ever-after-parenthood'. I figured that by the time my oldest was almost seven (he is) that we would have a puppy or something. Isn't that how it is in the movies??? Some cute as ever little boy gets a puppy and they turn out to be life-long friends.

However, I didn't realize that when he is that age, I'd also have a diaper-wearing, baby food eating, crawler - with toys and shoes of all sizes on the floor at all times... no matter how hard we try. Perfect trouble for a puppy. Chewed on shoes, choked on Barbie shoes.... what's a parent to do??

I'll tell you what - you get a fish.
(drum roll please...)
Introducing..... Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment