Thursday, June 10, 2010

how it started...

Sometimes I like to look at the clothes in Nordstrom. You know, $2000 dresses, $900 jackets...etc. But I can't afford that - you've gotta be kidding me.

I like to tour model homes that are far, far out of our price range. It's fun! A free activity I really enjoy. But I'm not moving, and even if I was, I couldn't/wouldn't move there.

So, there I was, it was Friday night and I was looking at the Humane Society website again. Sometimes, just looking doesn't mean you intend to buy. At least not in my world. There were some cute dogs available. I liked one Shih Tzu that was a girl, 8 yrs old, and two other male Shih Tzus 2 yrs old each. I am not much of a large, mutt dog person. I like the little cute ones I may not have allergies to.

Our son, Alex, went to spend the night with his friend. We were 'footloose and fancy free'! ;) We thought going for ice cream downtown sounded fun. But instead, I said, "let's do something different tomorrow (Sat.). Let's go down to the Humane Society and then on the way back grab the ice-cream." So that was the 'wild and crazy' plan for Saturday.

So on Saturday morn, we went to the shelter and even though Patrick didn't want to think we would ever get a dog 8yrs old, she melted his heart. And mine. Her eyes just beg you to save her. Awww...

Unfortunately, someone took her home just a few minutes from then. We inquired about her, and we missed her by 30 mins. Man! Wait a minute.... why were we so upset??... we weren't actually intending to get a pet that day... but we were mad. And sad. For the rest of Saturday. We were bummed. Oh well.. what could ya do??

No comments:

Post a Comment