Monday, October 18, 2010

Dear Barney,

We watched your show today Barney. It was great. You made a wind chime out of an old tin can, spoons, blocks of trash and metal scraps and stuff. Wow! It makes music on it's own when the wind blows. So fascinating.

"We can make that!" my daughter says. "We have that stuff!"

Oh yeah... great. We have that stuff alright. It is in my trash can, my silverware drawer, and corners of the garage.

I definitely want to hang all that crap from the eaves of my house dangling from string like a proud display of trash for all the neighborhood to see. That would be fantastic. There's nothing that says, 'hey, we aren't white trash yet, but we're headed there quickly', like a bunch of junk hanging in your yard banging around and making noise.

Thanks so much for giving this idea to my three year old. The same child that hangs on to ideas for months. We just love your show - it is soo educational and helpful! Next week, can we learn something creative?? Like, I don't know, fingerpainting with food coloring? or new uses for used tissues?

No comments:

Post a Comment