Monday, October 25, 2010

My lookouts -

Now, this may only be funny to you if you believe the same things I do.
Such as, some day Jesus, the King of all Kings will come (in the sky) to gather all the Christians to live with Him forever.

I believe that. I look forward to hopefully living to see that day. And I tell my children about what the Bible says about Jesus returning to earth.

Weeeeeeellllllll!
Of all the things I say  and how many thousands of times I repeat myself... this is one of the stories that has stuck.
Have you ever been out at night in the complete darkness and saw an airplane flying exactly your direction?? Their yellow lights are SUPER bright - even at that altitude.

Two times now, in the last month, our kids have seen it and started jumping and shouting - "Jesus is coming back - Look! There He is!!!"

Then we have to break the news to them that it is not actually Jesus, but just an airplane planning to land.... but that Jesus can't wait to meet them in person and good job keeping a 'look-out'.  :)

If that doesn't make you smile... I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment