Thursday, October 14, 2010

I did it for their own good...

Wow, I haven't been on here for two weeks. Haven't felt very 'bloggy'... but now I have a short story for you....

I currently, as I type, have a seven year old in the room next to me, fake crying his eyes out. Loudly. I mean, BIG 'ol crocodile tears. Moans. Groans. Sobs.

And do you want to know why?? I took his afternoon friend play date privilege away. Why, you ask?? Well.. it was a million little things really. He was disobedient, disrespectful, and not a very 'nice' little boy all morning. He didn't really commit the same crime twice or more, but he did commit about a thousand different and varying crimes... so to speak.

I kept warning him and warning him. "I'll take away your friend privilege this afternoon if you keep this up!" I would say.
"If you can't be nice to family, you can't be nice to friends" I said. I warned him and I warned him. I warned him some more.

I was breaking my heart. He is off from school today and should be having a fun play day. It wasn't turning out that way though and I had to do something about it.
So I did. I took away the play date.

You can only push mama's buttons for so long....

I did it for his own good. A tantrum by a seven year old isn't pretty. It ain't pretty people!! But it is better than a full out tantrum by a fourteen year old! Dat be da truth!

So, as my header says... it is difficult to be a perfect parent when you actually have children. Before you have kids you say things like... well, I would never do that...or... my kids will never talk to me like that.... etc, etc... but then you actually HAVE kids and it's like... hello!

Anyway... that's what I'm doing today... how's your week going????
What??
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sobs in the next room.....

No comments:

Post a Comment