Thursday, October 28, 2010

I love you

You know that voice, the one that young children have, that is cheerful, but awfully loud sometimes??
It is cute, because they aren't always 'aware' of their surroundings, sometimes funny.... sometimes not. Depending where you are.

This morning I was walking my two youngest through Wal-Mart when the 3 year old turned to me and said, "Jesus said, 'I love you'." (she was talking about herself)
She has been saying that a lot lately. That she hears Jesus telling her He loves her. (awww...! )

So there she is in the cart, and before I even get out an affirmation to her, she tilts her head skywards, and with loving eyes looking toward heaven, she announces quite loudly, "I love you too, Jesus!!"

My heart swelled and melted at the same time. I had just a nano-second of understanding just a tiny bit of how God must feel when little children (and even us big kids) say that to Him. Amazing! It just made my morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment