Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie

Patrick (my DH) was on stay-cation last week as we prepped our house for sale. One day, as we were tearing through all the rooms - we kept the front door open for air. We have no screen door.

Before you know it, two adults, four kids and a bird were in the living room! A bird flew into the house!! AAAGH!

My thoughts:
Holy cow!
Hope it doesn't die flying into something. (kids are watching)
Hope we don't kill it trying to get it out of here. (kids are still watching)
Holy crap - there's a bird in my living room!

Let me tell you this. I love the movie Cinderella. She wakes up to birds coming in her window, singing to her sweetly to wake up, they chirp, they are cute, they are calm.

Now, real life. The bird acts CRAZY due to feeling trapped. It doesn't help when you are chasing them with a broom. No it does not. Needless to say, the bird left quickly, and all was well... except for a little bit of bird poopie (from fright I'm sure) left on one of our windowsills.

I bet Cinderella never had bird poop in her house!

1 comment:

  1. I bet she DID have bird poo in her house... but I bet she cleaned it while singing and twirling around. ;)

    ReplyDelete