Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Update on the house

I will update you on Avalon later as I have very little info as of yet.

The house however is keeping me on my feet. We have been on the market for two weeks and a day. Yesterday was our two week mark and we had our first real showing. (the open house doesn't count right now)

We had asked upon listing our house that Realtors give us at least one hour - or to make that more clear - a whole 60 minutes of warning before seeing our house. Easy enough right? I mean, if they drive by, just go to grab a bite to eat and come back and see it....

...but NOOOOO.... yesterday we had... a whole 10 minutes of warning. And I said yes. I said yes because it was our first showing and I didn't want to say no and go back to zero showings. And you know what... I mean, I practically sweated through my shirt cleaning, but I did it. I had the house ready in 10 minutes even with three kids here.

I made it through. I figured that was the worst that could happen.

I was wrong.

I woke up almost a half hour late this morning. Had to get the kids to school and run errands. NO ONE was helping out mommy. EERRRRR. I get home finally and decide after a month of ignoring it I should pay some bills and work on the budget. The ransacked house from the crazy morning stayed as it was. I didn't care, we wouldn't be having a showing this morning. The baby napped, the pre-schooler watched a movie and I made phone calls and crunched numbers.

We left to get the kindergartner from school. I left the house with the kitchen in shambles, underwear on the master bedroom floor (from both of us, eek!), just messy a little everywhere. We were at the school and I get a call that there is an agent standing outside my house and they want to see it.

I didn't even have a chance to pick up the underwear or shut the dishwasher - I wasn't there!!! So anyway, they came.

It's just a wild guess... but I'm thinking that they won't be making an offer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tara...I remember those days too. Showing your house is craziness! But you do say YES b/c what if..what IF this is the one family that wants to buy it and you said NO! I get what you are going through. Now, Avalon...oh sweet baby. You KNOW that momma to momma I'm praying for you. I get that too. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete