Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Number 2 for Number 3

So, we took Avalon to the doctor's on Monday. They ran a urine test there - and found clumps of white blood cells in it. Hmmmm... I asked if this alone is alarming, and they said no, but were gonna send it out to the lab for further testing.

As for further testing.....

uhhhh.... how do I say this.... I have to.... get.... poop.

I know, I know.. the official term is a 'stool sample'. Phrase it any which way you want people, but I still have to gather and seal off a portion of some other human's poop.

Yes, yes, I change diapers every single day. But somehow this is totally different and certainly disgusting. But no worries, because apparently I have scared her 'poopless' with all my asking "Avalon, do you have to poop now??", "Are you going poo-poo???", "Tell me if you have to poop!!".

I think I missed one yesterday. Other than that I'm still on the hunt. Did I mention that she is three and this is tricky??

Once we have that piece of *&%$ bagged and bottled, we take it to the lab and also have to get blood tests on the poor dear. ugh. I'm not looking forward to that at all. But, it will only take a minute and once it's done, it's done.

Her extended urine test came back and it is negative. yea! I don't know what exactly they were looking for - but they didn't find it. Good enough for this mom.

She is also on Zantac. This whole thing could be as simple as an inflammation in her digestive system. She was on Zantac as a baby, so you never know. Anyway... off to give her the dose of medicine and hoping my number 3 child produces a number 2 really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment