Monday, August 23, 2010

now what???

Avalon is our three year old. For the last few months she has had a tummy-ache. Yes, I said months.

but it is hard to take her seriously. Sometimes she says, "I mean... never mind. I don't." Other times she says "actually, I'm just hungry". or thirsty, or... once she complained and complained and then told my husband she was just joking. She's three, so the self diagnostic descriptions are lacking something.....

Anyway, The "my tummy hurts" and the "I'm huuunnngry" comments are coming so frequently at this point I figure we better see a doctor sometime soon. Only two things come to mind. Either the child has a food intolerance or she has a tape worm. I'm not actually kidding.

So... fast forward to this weekend and she woke up in the middle of the night for the past two nights complaining of her tummy ache. Uh-oh. This is new. And not good. Calling the doctor this morning.

So here I am about an hour away from going to the doctor and .... I'm a little nervous. I mean... now what??? My parenting life is already soo full of ..."adventure". I don't need any more. I'm hoping it is nothing... but I know it is something. I guess I just hope it is something tiny, easy, inexpensive, and painless (for all of us). Here's hoping!

1 comment: