Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Seven - I'm in heaven!

Seven years ago today I had my baby boy. My only boy. :)

It was after a very intense 36 hours and 19 minutes of labor. It started on a Saturday and didn't end until Monday. (Hey, don't I as the mom get to drag you through a labor story just once more??)

The first year we had a sick baby. He was constantly throwing up. After many tests and mommy-heartache, we realized that he was VERY allergic to some very common foods. I mean, off the medical charts allergic. And the praying for his healing began.


I knew I had a very amazing kid in my hands to raise though. He clearly spoke and correctly used over 100 words by the time he was 18 months. I have them recorded somewhere.... I know this is unusual because my other three kids haven't had anywhere near that kind of vocabulary at that age!

Year two and three and four and.... have been very transportation and vehicle obsessed. He LOVES, adores and reads about all things man-made that move. Tractors and dump trucks were one of the first loves. Currently trains are the attraction. By the time he was two he taught me what a skid-loader was and the difference between a front-loader and a back-hoe.


He tested in the middle of first grade while he was still in kindergarten - and we started him in school 'early' instead of holding him back. He was more than ready. I know even though he is one of the younger ones in the class, he is tall physically and quite sharp mentally. He will have no problem keeping up with his classmates.

The last seven years have been a joy raising my boy. I'm so glad I have one! I like having someone in the house make 'vrooming' noises as they drive semi-trucks on the floor. I like giving Lego's and Geo Trax as gifts. I like having a blue kid's bedroom. I like having my 'little man' around. God has a very special calling on this kid's life. Alex will (and already is) become a mighty man of God.

I look forward to the next year, the next seven years, the next seventeen and so many more years to come!! I love you Alex! Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment