Friday, September 17, 2010

Home sweet home


This is how we 'camp'. It is quite comfortable and quaint.

Here's the drill, we drive up to our campsite (because we sure as heck don't hike to our site with all this stuff!) Then mommy and daddy (and now Alex because he is finally old enough) get out of the van and pitch the tent. The girls wait in the car until it is finished and then they are in the tent with me as I set up 'house'.
This year they kept asking me over and over again why I said, "set up house". I thought that was cute, but it is really true. Even for just two days, we have all the beds to make up, a kitchen to set up, a clothes line for towels (or a tarp in bad weather).
I enjoy it, although the weather and the temperament of the family can make it fun or really challenging. Though even the more challenging years (like setting up in the rain as night fell) are still looked upon as fond memories! :)


This year we set up the tent in the midst of 40mph wind gusts. Alex and I were holding on to what esentially was a 12x15ft kite for dear life!! That was fun, and will probably rank right up there with the rain set up! ")


No comments:

Post a Comment