Thursday, September 23, 2010

Living it out~

We recently rented the movie Kit Kitridge, an American Girl. I am so impressed! The movie is a high-quality movie, that I definitely recommend, and hope to own myself someday!

Good cast, great writing, good plot - unpredictable ending - even for me. I just loved it.

It is about friends growing up in the 1930's depression. They sell eggs for money, wear 'feed sack' dresses, some lose their houses... (I promise it is child appropriate!) ... and eat at a soup kitchen.

Now, my two oldest girls like to play 'Friends'. It is what I called "playing house" when I was a child. They take on roles of these friends that get together for teas, and church.. you have it.

However....... we were in public today. Just so you don't miss that - we were in PUBLIC today.... when they were playing 'friends' again, but the public didn't know that.

All the public heard was, "And we don't have any food."
"Right. That's why we eat at the soup kitchen".

Ahhh. The joys of motherhood! As much as I want our kids to have imaginary play, I just did not see this scenario coming! haha

1 comment: