Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I totally forgot this one!

This is a good one - yesterday was picture day at school. Kindergarten pictures are a big deal for me, and thus for the family. So, this is what happened yesterday before I realized kindergarten pictures were yesterday:

We weren't late, but we didn't have 'extra' time yesterday morning. We got to school on time, but we were lucky to get there. You know those kinds of mornings right??? Not crazy, but you are glad to have lunches made and kids not going to school in their pj's.

Well, I picked out my daughters clothes. I usually do. They were cute. Most her clothes are, I think...but they were just average 'play' clothes. I did however let her do her own hair. Not a good idea most of the time, but I thought... what the heck - it doesn't matter. No one cares. Just let loose and be care free.... Anyway, picture day isn't until Wednesday and we can do her hair up cute then...

I also noticed that she had two barretts in her hair. A teal blue on one side of her head... and one lime green on the other. The blue wasn't soooo bad. Her outfit was navy, but the green.... lighten up I tell myself. She is in kindergarten. No big deal.

She is also wearing every necklace and bracelet this side of the Mississippi. I tell her to only choose one of each and that is what she can wear to school.
So my daughter goes to school in a nice outfit, but I could have done much much better if I had only known. She is with 'half done' hair with two different color barretts, a shiny plastic gold necklace wrapped twice around her neck over a navy ghingham ruffly shirt, and a glow in the dark yellow plastic bracelet on her wrist.

Now my *favorite* part of the day.... she comes running out after school with a friend by her side and the other mother says to her daughter...."How was picture day honey??"

And I yell.... "NOOOOOO!"

Oh well... guess I can take Kindergarten pics myself this year....

No comments:

Post a Comment