Thursday, September 9, 2010

We've been camping

Things I have learned camping:

1: You can never bring the correct amount of clothes. Last year we had a two month old. How dirty can she get camping right?? Well, she had two blow-outs in the first few hours and dirtied almost all the clothes I brought for her.

This year I was sure I could keep that from happening. We all had two each of pants, shorts, tees, and long sleeves. Unfortunately, for three year old - she fell twice in the first 20 minutes of being at the campsite. Fell all the way forward and also back on her bottom. One entire outfit was dirt from head to toe. Oh.. and I forgot to pack her any PJ's. So.. the one clean outfit was what she slept in, and she had to wear the dirty clothes each day. Under packed again.

My son purposely chose to wear one outfit the whole time. We brought back several clean clothes for him.

The moral is, you can never get it right no matter what you pack for any child.


2: I love the outdoors. Even though we were cold (first night), dirty, dusty, too cold for a shower, and didn't have a 'good' night sleep; we all still had a LOT of fun. My kids are incredible campers. They are seriously good - well behaved, know the 'drills' of camp life, good attitudes, etc. I love making fires in the fire pit. (I made a one match fire!) I love the forest floor. I love the smells. I love that we camp by a place with real toilets too.

3: Marshmellows should only be given to a child (girl) who is wearing a ponytail. My three year old brushed her hair out of her face while eating a gooey marshmellow.
She had gooey marshmellow in her hair. Until we got here to the house. Eww.

4: There is nothing like a family trip to the mountains. Romantic, fun, adventurous.... I mean, our trip to Disney early this year was amazing too, but for like... 1,000 dollars less, this family trip rocked too. So you can do amazing things with very little money.
Obviously, the kids loved it -

No comments:

Post a Comment