Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update on the house

I wrote about six weeks ago to say that the house is on the market. Well.... for the last three of the six weeks, no one has come to see the house. A very quiet three weeks. And we grew lazy. Lazy! Twenty-four hours ago the house was not looking good. So much so, that we joked about how horrible it would be to have a call for a showing.

Then, as I was cleaning the dishes yesterday morning, the phone rang.

It was our realtor's office.

They wanted to know if we could have a showing.... in 45 minutes.

I said yes. (!!!)

And thus began the crazy running around the house. It didn't get perfect, but decent enough for people to walk in the door. I still had dishes in the sink, the garage was a disaster, and the laundry room isn't near 'staged', but it was doable. Especially since I had been under the weather with a virus since last Wed. night. It felt excusable. And I even left the realtor a note saying so.
Then, while I was out for that showing, we got two more calls for showings! I have two more today (so I really need to get off this and do some final cleaning touches)

Three weeks of silence and then three showings in 24 hours!
One thing is for sure: If you aren't showing your house to people, whether they be strangers or friends, it is really easy to let it go. And once you start slipping.... it seems it happens sooo fast, it is not so easy to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment