Monday, September 27, 2010

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty...

There's nothing like a little 'lift' from your kids to make you feel great about yourself.

My oldest daughter (who is 5) has recently discovered that she has the fullest lips in the family - and inadvertently likes to rub it in.
"mom, my lips are big. Yours are not. Yours are tiny and small."
"yes, thanks Vivianne, I know. My lips are not as full as yours."
Now repeat the above conversation five or so times.

Seriously, even though she is just five, that conversation grew really old this past weekend. I think I am half human, and part bird. I have chicken legs, chicken lips, and crow's feet. Ha!

THEN! We were driving (me and the four kids) in the van on Saturday and everyone was silent. Ahhhh... It was a gorgeous sunny and warm day. Peace filled the van. Then suddenly...
"AGH!!!" a high-pitched scream from my daughter in the rear of the vehicle, "I thought I saw a old ugly witch's hand coming through the window!" she tells her brother..."But it is not a witch's hand...." (she giggles)"It is just a reflection of mom's hand in the window! phew."


Don't I just feel so pretty now?? Growing older is fun. I have grey roots to cover this week before they get any longer, and now I know I have tiny bird lips and old witch's hands... fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. Ps 139...Remind yourself and Vivianne too that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. It won't be long until she's pointing out all the things she DOESN'T like about herself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!! Tara!! I am laughing OUTLOUD. Maddie often says thins like this to me too...and ummm...she's SEVEN. She should KNOW better, darnit! Thankyoujesus for Josh. He often tells me "Momma, you are so beautiful. You should know this." I love it. The kids really DO keep us on our toes don't they? By the way...love the new blog look! It's sooo you! And by that I mean the gorgeous, fun, spirited you. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete