Sunday, December 6, 2009

All I want for Christmas.....

Okay, here's the thing: I do like to have a clean house.
I dream about having one. I imagine what a clutter-free, simply organized and tidy house would look like.

I imagine it, because I do not have it.

I have a pile of books (from my son's room) stacked 18 inches high in the livingroom. Why?? Good question. Ask the three little munchkins who put them there late last night for apparently no reason.

I cannot find my fingernail clippers. Generally they are in the bathroom. That is the logical place. But nooo.... that's not where they are now that I have a nail broken down to the base and really need to trim it before it snags every soft piece of material in the house.

In the past I have found muffin tins in the master bathroom. What?? I mean, c'mon kids....!

We have strewn coats, and paper, and socks, and toys in basically every room of the house. (UGH!)

That is just part of having four kids 6 and under I guess. I remember when we just had one little baby in our townhome. The ENTIRE home was model home clean for three weeks at a time. Now I can only manage to get one room clean at a time - EVER.

Ahh.... I say to myself.... the baby nursery is PERFECT. Clean, tidy, organized.
OOP! But wait, don't leave that room!!

The livingroom is clean and beautiful. The doorbell rings. What? You have to use the bathroom? Oh no!! The bathroom is disgusting! Don't go in there.... there is a gas station down the street. Think you can hold it???

The kitchen sees perfect cleanliness less often due the fact it is generally used more than O'Hare airport during the course of a normal day. Forget the days we actually cook. Like yesterday when we decided it would be "fun" to have the three older kids decorate Christmas cookies. Don't get me wrong. A ton of "fun" and memories. But the kitchen looks like something exploded.

Frankly, I'm tired. I'm tired of the pointlessness. I can't STOP cleaning...(obviously) but it would be nice to see a reward for your work. It would be so stinking AWESOME to clean a room and be able to SHOW someone. Before I can sneeze the room is usually torn to bits again. At least that is how it feels.

We have our kids clean their own rooms.... they help with other tasks.... but apparently our 'balance' is still 'off'. Oh well!

For now our master bedroom is less of a peaceful, romantic retreat than it is an obstacle course from bedside to bathroom. (Certainly makes a 2am pee more intersting.)

Does anyone relate? Did I only end up making you feel superior since your own home is so clean?? Do you look down on me now? :) If you can relate- then good. We are not alone. Let's stick together! Moms of messy houses - unite!

I have an idea. I'm gonna post this blog, and maybe, just maybe, see if I can find out what color laminate our kitchen counters are.....

No comments:

Post a Comment